Monday, October 08, 2007

A+ Honor Roll

For the longest time, mi madre has wondered where all my "perfectionism" comes from.

I always argue I'm not a perfectionist, I just want to make sure I've done all I could to effectively communicate.

I think I finally figured it out.

C = AVERAGE, right??

For me, a C would be the equivalent of "Couldn't do it right"

Shamefully silly, eh?

Now that I am the mother of 5, average looks pretty durn good, most days.

Internally, however, it might as well have been an F.

Therein lies a gargantuan problem.

I used to get A's effortlessly. ABSOLUTELY NO serious effort on my part, and I made honor roll.

Repeatedly.

Did "they" set me up for failure in later life, or WHAT?!?!

no, nein, non, no, nyet...

My *perceptions* set me up for an ***average*** life.

Long story short, I don't make the honor roll every day, but I sure am getting better final grades than I thought possible in this wild, weird school of life.

Thank You God!!!

No comments: