Monday, October 20, 2008

New Puppy

As some might know, I am not a huge fan of large dogs. That said, I absolutely adore our Jack the Great Pyrenees.

I've missed having a lap dog. I didn't realize I missed having a lap dog, because I have so many little laptops, er, children.

With the big kids in school, and huge leaps toward actual cleanliness in the house, a little miracle happened.

Some friends found an abandoned Shi Tzu near their home. I ***LOVE*** Shi Tzus.

The little gal had a really hard time. She was obviously well cared for, as her hair was trimmed and nails clipped.

Sadly, she now has only one eye, and (had) a ton of fleas. 7 flea dips required to provide relief.

Shi Tzus are notorious for having sensitive skin, so tomorrow we will provide her will further relief in the form of an anti-itch spray.

I hope to have pictures of our cute little "Bitsy" online tomorrow. She's a real keeper... already house broken and very mild mannered. NOT a yipping dog, either. She has a cute bark, actually.

If you are surfing about and found this post, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not drop your unwanted pets off in the middle of "nowhere." They can get really hurt before someone finds them. Also, it's pretty danged mean to pull a nursing mother away from her pups. There are plenty of no-kill shelters who will find your little one a home!

That said, I am very, very happy Bitsy now calls our house her home.

G'nite

1 comment:

Annamaria said...

I think people who do that to animals should have a special warm place reserved to them Down Below. Seriously. But I am very glad that you guys have a new family member--how is she taking to your other dog and the cats? (I am sure she loves the kids!)