Sunday, July 06, 2008

Just One Reason

My Uncle Bob is sooo cool! "Favorite Lyrics" from his website,

As I walk through this wicked world
Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity.
I ask myself is all hope lost?
Is there only pain and hatred, and misery?

And each time I feel like this inside,
There's one thing I wanna know:
What's so funny 'bout peace love
& understanding?

And as I walked on through troubled times
My spirit gets so downhearted sometimes
So where are the strong and who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony? Sweet harmony.

'Cause each time I feel it slippin' away,
just makes me wanna cry.
What's so funny 'bout peace love
& understanding?

(excerpt from Peace Love and Understanding by Nick Lowe)


Anyone NOT feel that way??? Really, I am so proud to have friends who will identify with this immediately.

Alrighty... so I got to see my wonderful uncle yesterday. I told him I could place the lyrics, but not the tune. The surprise here is, yes, I remembered Elvis Costello singing this song! Ah ha!

However, if I do say so, I prefer Nick Lowe's performance of his song as seen here:

Love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa... heavy...

celogomama said...

Yeah... but you are among the strong and trusted, so... no worries LQ :)