Sunday, November 26, 2006

Looking backward and forward

We had a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving! Everything went off without a single hitch (which for us is kinda unusual!)

Hope yours was great, too!

We had a crew at Mom's! All of us, Mom and all who reside there, my Nana, my uncle and his wife, my MIL, and a couple of other really nice folks.

A good time was had by all.

In other news, I've started a group called Catholics for Christmas which will march in at least one of the parades held in the area.

The idea I came up with is so easy to pull off, you wouldn't believe it. I hope some of my friends in other areas will take it up and do it for their kiddos, too!

We had a really beautiful Christ the King procession at church today.

The big kids and I also helped decorate a float for another parade today.

Then we had a girls' night out and watched the American Girl movie, Molly

One last note.

Please pray for the Pope. He's headed to Turkey from 28 Nov to 1 Dec.

I sent this to some other people, and it's not a bad idea to put it here, too!

I know you are praying for the Holy Father as he walks into the minefield that is Turkey.

A moment of deep panic struck me tonight as I recalled being in Germany when I was younger. The loathing between Germans and the Turkish guest workers is, as you probably know, extremely palpable, even in the most surprising (to me) places. I don't think I had experienced that level of mutual distrust and outright resentment in my whole life.

In any case, I know all I can do from here is pray. Just wanted you to know I unite my prayers with yours in the coming week.


Have a good week!

No comments: