Saturday, July 29, 2006

BRING IT ON!!!

I rarely write on anything remotely political, but this is some interesting stuff. The Christian-Ziomist group is cheering on the IAF and the IDF - which a nice pop in from our President in support. Oh, and a few other important people are waving too..

This evangelical political philosophy is rooted in biblical prophecies and a belief that Israel's struggles signal a prelude to Armageddon. Its followers staunchly support the Bush administration's unequivocal backing of Israel in its current battle with Hezbollah in Lebanon.

President Bush sent a message to the gathering praising Mr. Hagee and his supporters for "spreading the hope of God's love and the universal gift of freedom." The Israeli prime minister also sent words of thanks. Israel's ambassador, its former military chief and a host of U.S. political heavyweights, mostly Republican, attended.

Wow is the only word I have for this.

I mean, this is bizaar stuff to me. I admit that in the past I was enamoured with Revelation (I think all Christian youths are at some point) - but I never, ever would have a BRING IT ON attitude towards this.

War is not pretty... it's not fun... and trying to "map" the hand of God onto this is ludicrous. Yes, I do know that God is present and certainly watching us.. that's not the point. The point is that us Humans shouldn't be pressing for war to fulfill Armagheddon. As for me, I'm keeping a bag packed full of clothes :-)

Full article here.

"Behold, I am coming like a thief." Blessed is the one who watches and keeps his clothes ready, so that he may not go naked and people see him exposed. Rev 16:15

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weeee-yyyerrrrdddd....

Anonymous said...

Weird or not, like it or not, _that_ is what I heard a lot of from those who called themselves Christians when I was a kid. Add a couple stacks of Jack Chick comics and multiple seasons of _The World Tomorrow_, and you basically have the American Christian Millenarian movement. If you're not a part of it, or if you've been insulated from it, then you probably have no idea just how large this movement actually is. It sees literally Diabolic conspiracies everywhere and actively looks for the End Times.

Here's the recipe:
1 part Dispensationalism (with or without Scofield's 19th C. anti-Semitism)
1 part KJV biblical fundamentalism
2 parts X-Files conspiracy theory
a dash each of your choice of the following bitters:
GED
low-income
rural isolation
racial resentment
alcoholism

Blend thoroughly;
Simmer in a trailer park or tribal housing project for 20 years, then serve.