Saturday, January 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Yes, yes, yes... another year older, a wee bit wiser, and looking forward to another year of progress out of disease. If my Nana can rebound from cancer and never get a touch of it again in over 30 years... If my mother can get off SERIOUS heart meds, to the astonishment of her doctor... then I, being of the same tenacious "I WILL be WELL" blood have at least an outside chance of overcoming this mess.

My sister and brother in law called this morning. BiL sang me happy birthday. Wow!! So sweet. My sis sure knows how to pick 'em.

Gifts were just AWESOME! 6 blueberry bushes; seed of marigold, pansy, snapdragon, moss rose, and a pretty blue flower.

My dear friend Jeanne and her sweet children dropped by with balloons and home made birthday cards.

Mom took us out to Kobe Steakhouse.Mmmmmmmmm. She also gifted me another Lowes gift card, and a promise to come help me paint the house interior. Yay!!!

Didn't get to see my Nana, because lil' Deb fell ill on the way out of the restaurant. Durn! Hopefully Nana and I will have a girls' day out soon. I'd really, really like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day, lady! ::hugs::