Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mac rocks...


ElPrado was itty bitty small.. fit on a bookshelf, and consumed an average of 40 watts. It was 10x10x6 inches in size. Then it went *POOF* and blew 4 capacitors on the motherboard and took out the PSU.

Now... I am not a mac boy. I didn't have any grudge or anything against them - but until the last two years, there was no good reason to own one. But then Apple did the right thing.. they put Intel chips in their boxes and started reasonably matching performance and price with Dell & HP.

So I got a Mac Mini with a core 2 duo chip. Bought the $15 keyboard and headed home.

And all I can say is... get one. It is the best machine I've ever had. It's the best user environment I've ever seen. It's the quietest machine I've never heard. And the prices are reasonable. And this sucker averages about 25 watts ... about 25 bucks a YEAR in electricity.

No comments: