Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Everything "Old" is new again?!

No, but it might just feel like it.

The Motu Proprio issued by His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI is very interesting.

Our parish priest included the copy of the letter B16 wrote explaining what the document is and is not.

If your parish did not offer this to you, click anywhere on this text to read!!


I am a cradle Catholic. I began backing away from the Church when my all-girls, Catholic High School began including ballerinas dancing the bread and wine up to the altar.

Eventually, I ran from the Church.

Thank God, I returned many years ago, but there was a serious void.

I have been to all varieties of Masses, and can honestly say that I am blessed at my parish. The vernacular Mass is not at all less reverent than the Novus Ordo Latin Mass.

Anyway, I do not care what language the Mass is available in, as long as it bridges the chasm between this valley of tears and the divine. I prefer to contemplate the Sacred Mysteries in near silence, and do not seek to be "revved up" or "entertained" during the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

I understand others prefer this, but I don't like it one bit.

There, I said it.

I figure God gave me 5 very energetic children to keep me in high gear all week.

On Sunday, I need some time to "rest in the Lord."

Which I literally do for 15 minutes after receiving Holy Communion.

IF people will ignore the media and actually read what the Holy Father wrote, I truly believe great graces will come from it. We attended the Novus Ordo Mass in Latin regularly from 2000-2002, and reading the translations from Latin to English was a tremendous eye-opener.

Below are 3 videos on the subject, just for grins. I don't intend to insult anyone's sensibilities. I found them amusing reflections on the deformations of the liturgies I had to endure as a post-Vatican II child.

No comments: