Monday, March 23, 2009

It's the end of the world as we know it...

The media is just killing me.  Is there a black hole where we're storing our excess cash?  Did someone leave a bail of hundreds next to the cows?  Did stock sales suddenly become one-sided trades?

I won't go ninja-conspiracy-theory on ya'll - but I'm tired of ludicrous statements where money managers and bank presidents start speaking in cryptic "dissolved, disappeared, or extinguished"  money speak.

In actuality the stock market is merely an anticipation of wealth.  When I buy a stock and it goes down - the actual money has not disappeared.  But my anticipation of making money has when I sell my looser stock.  The simple fact is that the "anticipated money" never existed until I sell out my stock.

Money has not disappeared, dissolved or sublimed - it's simply not being used to buy stock anymore. And there's the rub - who took their money and where is it now?  Is that why we're currently on a cash hunt across the globe?

No comments: