Saturday, September 25, 2004

Hail Mary... in Latin

Too many events have happened since my last message.. so perhaps it is just time to pray first.

The Original
Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Jesus.
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus,
nunc et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Now for something else..
Get to know Maria Esperanza, right now. People have been pretty skeptical, perhaps overly so. What could very well have been a modern day Saint has been, in my mind, disreguarded. Were we so fearful of a fraud, that we refused to seek the Truth? I was. Let us pray for her sainthood and for a miracle in our own lives. Someone out there should write a prayer for her intercession. Nudge nudge.

Prayer makes a huge difference
You know this, as you have at least once said a prayer and gotten an answer. That's how faith is nurtured. But we don't always get what we want.. you know the story. How many people are praying for my wife now I don't know, but I am very grateful. Thank you.

Hey, you graced the "wrong" guy!!!
No one reads my blog, hopefully. I have been graced in a very "wrong" way it appears, but I don't know the future. What I do know is that when I am graced, that prayer is the only response. Grace is a very unexpected gift, and it does not always lead to an easy life. Look at the Apostles, do you have it easy? I know that I do. When I was confirmed, I chose John the Apostle for two reasons: He was there at our Lord's death, next to Mary; and also He was graced with the Revelations. I have learned that standing next to the cross is both beautific and agonizing. Witnessing pain in the one I love is about the most agonizing, heart wrenching, "please just shoot me instead God" moment I have ever had. But the beauty of it, is that our own hearts are changed.

Final thought
Grace comes in many forms, and it is our faith that helps us continue. The "game" on earth isn't about cars ,houses, or whatever... it's simply about getting through the pearly gates. It used to be difficult to understand, for all we see is clouds, birds, universes, atoms... whatever. The refusal to accept mystery is the hands of death for a modern being. Learn to see through others eyes, and be thankful for grace, no matter what your lot is. You can't always change your world, but your soal has no boundaries.

No comments: